Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2010 Words of life


[Image was taken by my husband.
Please do NOT copy.]

Last December I posted: My 2009 Resolution. There were some of you who also did this. I challenge each of you to seek words from the Lord and use scripture as your 2010 life verse(s). We do this in an effort to strive to be more Christ like and grow more in our faith instead of making new year's resolutions that we end up failing at. God's word is more powerful and challenging in that we seek Him daily. New year's resolution or empty promises. God's Word if full of wonderful promises that never get broken.

My word(s) for 2010 is light and life. My scripture verses are:

Matthew 11:28-30
28 Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

John 8:12 Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

John 4:13-14
13 Jesus said, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. 14 But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”

Go to prayer and seek your life word(s) for your 2010 life scripture and make a statement to the World for the Lord.

I've also put my life scripture at the foot of my blog to be visible by all who visit. Won't you join me and participate in life scripture?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberly,

    Wow, your blog is looking really pretty! I've been in prayer for weeks about the upcoming New Year, asking the Lord to grant me wisdom and direction as I establish some goals.

    My life verse is actually part of my blog header; Luke 1:45. Yours are wonderful!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete