Sunday, November 03, 2013

Blog Every Day in November : Light

#BEDN Today's word prompt: Light.

My focus on the word light will be much different than most. Although, I suspect that there'll be some others with a similar focus as this post.

Because today is Sunday and I'm a Christian, I want to focus on my faith today.

God's word tells us Jesus said in Matthew 11:29-30 this:
Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."

Also, in John 1:3-5 it says this:
All things were made by him, and nothing was made without him. In him there was life, and that life was the light of all people. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has understood it.

As well as John 8:12 saying this:
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

Light is used in two different ways here. One is expressed as less weight to burden. The other is bringing light to darkness.

When applying both of them in scripture here they both lead to Jesus. When we join with Jesus our burdens are made less heavy. Then He brings light to our darkness. Darkness here is referring to sin and evil.

I'm not a fan of carrying heavy weight. It makes my body ache and hurt. When I have someone to share the load with it becomes light making it easier to bear. That's Jesus for me. He helps me carry the load, in fact, there's times when he takes the full load off me and carries it Himself. As the expression goes, "What a load off my shoulders!"

I'm not a fan of darkness either. Most people will use a nightlight so the dark is lightly illuminated. When we look at it in this context though, darkness equates to sin and evil. So, in terms of hiding in the darkness, all sorts of evil lurks. In our sin, we hide things thinking nobody can see it. It's our secret. As long as nobody knows, it's ok. Well, that's a lie satan likes to tell us. God knows everything, in the dark and in the light. There's nothing that can be hid from Him. He knows every little secret. Even if no human knows it. It will eat away at you until, "Oh snap!", a slip up. It's exposed.There's nothing you can do now. There is it!

I like this quote:
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." -Mark Twain


Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment