Friday, July 26, 2013

[20130726] Five Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday
Join Lisa-Jo Baker for 5 Minute Friday. Write for five minutes on a word prompt.
#fiveminutefriday

Today's word prompt: Broken.

GO


When I hear the word broken I think of something that has become damaged in same way rendering it unusable.

I heard the shatter as the glass hit the floor as it broke in a zillion pieces.

We can compare our lives to that scenario, don't you think? We get broken hearted. We sometimes fall into broken relationships. We can become mentally broken. It's not just about broken glass or even a broken body part [like I acquired last night when I split a toe open.] The material things can be repaired and/or replaced. However, it takes some times for a broken heart to mend. For some, they harbor ill feelings, the brokenness lingers sometimes for a lifetime. We sometimes wish ill-will for someone who has hurt us or a family member/best friend. There's a saying...
“Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.” - Malachy McCourt
God calls for us to surrender all the brokenness to HIM. Leave it at the foot of HIS Throne. HE will take all our burdens and lighten our load. I came to a place of total surrender before I got to a place of wholeness. I stopped believing the lies of the devils and believe only the truth of the LORD!

STOP

7 comments:

  1. Awesome post, very well written. Praying for your toe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call to surrender our brokenness to God. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Praying for your toe! I love your post and the quote. So true and such a hard life lesson to learn but man does it make a difference when we do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this! My husband and I have been dealing with broken relationships with his parents for about 2 years now. I really needed this today! By the way, thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote! We do begin to heal when we give our broken hearts to the Lord.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's in surrendering our brokenness that we are truly healed. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That surrendering can be soo hard yet soo good

    ReplyDelete