Friday, June 28, 2013

20130628 - Five Minute Friday : In-between

Five Minute Friday
Write for five minutes. Unedited, straight from heart or hip, whichever you prefer. Each week Lisa Jo Baker gives a word prompt.

This week: in-between.

[GO]

What's the first thing you think of when you hear in-between? I had to read some other posts first to get an idea what others were saying. There's a plethora of ideas of in-between. One idea that stuck with me is being in-between seasons of life. That spoke to me because that's where I feel like I am right now. We transitioned from one place to another... completely different climate, completely different attitudes and people. It feels like starting over. I left one life behind and began a new one, elsewhere. Now, I'm finding myself re-establishing my identity. I have to prove my identity. It gives a feeling of being in limbo, being in-between. I don't like the way I feel. I know it's all temporary. But, it's the here and now that I'm dealing with. It feels strange. Almost like I'm lost and finding my way. I'm enjoying making new friendships. I'm learning to build a relationship with someone I didn't like much before. I'm trying to get used to, acclimate, to my new environment. The weather is really different from anything I've ever experienced. Right now, I don't know how to cope with it. It's hot and dry... desert dry. This too shall pass!

[STOP]

Now it's your turn!

3 comments:

  1. Lifting you up in prayer dear friend, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, i share that lost feeling but i know you are sowing seeds in your new place and all you need is time. Great to meet you at fmf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Five Minute Friday prompts that really make me think. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete