Saturday, July 30, 2011

Illusions of grandeur

Definition for disillusionment:
* disenchantment: freeing from false belief or illusions

In this [link], Oswald Chambers talks about disillusionment. I agree fully. I believe we, as a human race, have created our own preferences for our lives. Preconceived notions that work for our own purpose. Manipulation. Then we project our preferences onto the people in our lives. If those people don't meet our ideals then we judge them harshly. That, my friends, is self-centeredness.

Where do we get off pushing our selfishness onto the World? This World was created for God's purpose, having personal relationships with each human being. A relationship so personal that we whole heartedly adore and love HIM. To the point of "can't live without Him". Yet, we self focus. Have pity parties when we don't get out way. We believe everyone is wrong and we're totally right.

News Flash: To burst all the bubbles... We're all wrong and not a one is good. God's word tells us this. [John 2:24-25 But Jesus didn't trust them, because he knew what people were really like. No one needed to tell him about human nature. -- Romans 3:10 As the Scriptures say, "No one is good -- not even one. -- Romans 3:12b No one does good, not even one."]

Without God and His gift of salvation through Christ will we make the cut. Do you live in disillusionment or illusions of grandeur? If we don't surrender to His calling we're in for a rude awakening on Judgment Day!

Prayer: Dear Father God, Yahweh, I lift up my selfishness to You. I ask that You make it very clear to me that I need to refocus on You, not myself. I pray that I will be disillusioned so that I will be free of false belief and only believe in Your truth. I thank You in advance for hearing and answering my prayer, In the name of the Messiah, Yeshua, Adonai, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to ask God to make my will His will, and then bless it. So NOT like Jesus, who surrendered His own will and, for the joy set before Him, suffered ...

    In recent weeks the Lord has certainly focused me AGAIN in the direction of first seeking His kingdom, and His righteousness before taking even one tiny step.
    Oh the joy of obedience, though.

    I love Oswald!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete