Friday, June 04, 2010

Seeking and Living for God!


God wants to be involved in our everyday life. We need to let God out of the Sunday morning box that we try to keep him in. - Joyce Meyer


Hebrews 2:10-18
10 God, for whom and through whom everything was made, chose to bring many children into glory. And it was only right that he should make Jesus, through his suffering, a perfect leader, fit to bring them into their salvation.
 11 So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters. 12 For he said to God,
   "I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters.
      I will praise you among your assembled people."
 13 He also said,
   "I will put my trust in him,"
      that is, "I and the children God has given me."
 14 Because God's children are human beings-made of flesh and blood-the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. 15 Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.
 16 We also know that the Son did not come to help angels; he came to help the descendants of Abraham. 17 Therefore, it was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people. 18 Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested.

Ok people! How much plainer could this scripture be? The devil has no hold on us. Jesus was sent to Earth just for us! Wow, just for us! Verse 18 in and of itself is so powerful it should blow our minds and put us on our faces before GOD in gratitude of what HE has done and continues to do! But, why haven't I given God the proper gratitude and reverence? I'll tell you why... because in my human weakness I allow the devil to pull the wool over my eyes and lie to me about who and what God is to me! Uh oh! Busted!!! There's no excuse now. I have to kick that liar down and stomp on his head! And so do you.. pointing to you! Yes, you!

This post can take many different directions in what the scripture says. But, I am not going to allow satan to distract my thinking and sugar coat God's message. Simply put, we need to get up off our backsides and wake up! I need to take responsiblity and be accountable to myself and God! If you believe anything less you're believing a lie.
I know your first reaction is to close this browser window and forget you read any part of this and to ignore God's calling. I am unable to ignore God now. So, instead of retreating and goinb back into the cave; stay! Let God wash over you and be blessed. Not only be blessed, but revived... in HIM. The only thing you, or I, have to lose is our old self and allow God to create a new you. As a born again believer you've already received the Holy Spirit--The comforter. Allow HIM to do His job. I am. So far, so good! It's a battle, but, you know what? It's far more rewarding than letting the devil control you. I'm proof of that. Go back ten months ago and read my blog post titled: A Miracle from God!. If you'd like to and haven't yet... take time to get caught up to speed on the blog posts up till now. You'll see God's handy work in my life. And letting HIM have His way with you will also allow His handy work in you.

Let's read Hannah's prayer:

1 Samuel 2:1-10
1 Then Hannah prayed:
   "My heart rejoices in the Lord!
      The Lord has made me strong.
   Now I have an answer for my enemies;
      I rejoice because you rescued me.

2 No one is holy like the Lord!
      There is no one besides you;
      there is no Rock like our God.
 3 "Stop acting so proud and haughty!
      Don't speak with such arrogance!
   For the Lord is a God who knows what you have done;
      he will judge your actions.

 4 The bow of the mighty is now broken,
      and those who stumbled are now strong.

 5 Those who were well fed are now starving,
      and those who were starving are now full.
   The childless woman now has seven children,
      and the woman with many children wastes away.

 6 The Lord gives both death and life;
      he brings some down to the grave but raises others up.

 7 The Lord makes some poor and others rich;
      he brings some down and lifts others up.

 8 He lifts the poor from the dust
      and the needy from the garbage dump.
   He sets them among princes,
      placing them in seats of honor.
   For all the earth is the Lord's,
      and he has set the world in order.
 9 "He will protect his faithful ones,
      but the wicked will disappear in darkness.
   No one will succeed by strength alone.

    10 Those who fight against the Lord will be shattered.
   He thunders against them from heaven;
      the Lord judges throughout the earth.
   He gives power to his king;
      he increases the strength of his anointed one."
Matthew Henry theological commentator puts it so concisely:
Hannah's heart rejoiced, not in Samuel, but in the Lord. She looks beyond the gift, and praises the Giver. She rejoiced in the salvation of the Lord, and in expectation of His coming, who is the whole salvation of his people. The strong are soon weakened, and the weak are soon strengthened, when God pleases. Are we poor? God made us poor, which is a good reason why we should be content, and make up our minds to our condition. Are we rich? God made us rich, which is a good reason why we should be thankful, and serve him cheerfully, and do good with the abundance he gives us. He respects not man's wisdom or fancied excellences, but chooses those whom the world accounts foolish, teaching them to feel their guilt, and to value his free and precious salvation. This prophecy looks to the kingdom of Christ, that kingdom of grace, of which Hannah speaks, after having spoken largely of the kingdom of providence. And here is the first time that we meet with the name MESSIAH, or his Anointed. The subjects of Christ's kingdom will be safe, and the enemies of it will be ruined; for the Anointed, the Lord Christ, is able to save, and to destroy.
Let's see what the Psalms say:
Psalm 121
1 I look up to the mountains-
      does my help come from there?
 2 My help comes from the Lord,
      who made heaven and earth!
 3 He will not let you stumble;
      the one who watches over you will not slumber.
 4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel
      never slumbers or sleeps.
 5 The Lord himself watches over you!
      The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
 6 The sun will not harm you by day,
      nor the moon at night.
 7 The Lord keeps you from all harm
      and watches over your life.
 8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
      both now and forever.

He's our overseer and protector. How can anyone turn down a bodyguard? This is so awesome! No, you are not strong enough to protect yourself. No matter how hard you try. Without God as your protector satan will have you for all his meals. With God as your bodyguard you're protected against satan and his minions. That doesn't mean he won't try and get you... because he will. That's when you are under God's protective wings. Just like a mother hen and her chicks. If anyone or anything comes near her chicks she will flog them. I know what that's like. I've been flogged before. It hurts! It can bring blood. Satan can be put in his place. Just hand him over to God. Put yourself in God's protection.

Matthew 10:32-32
 32 "Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.

That is pretty specific and clear! Are you denying God here on Earth? If so, HE will deny you in Heaven.

1 John 3:11-18
11 This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
12 We must not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and killed his brother. And why did he kill him? Because Cain had been doing what was evil, and his brother had been doing what was righteous.
13 So don't be surprised, dear brothers and sisters, if the world hates you.
 14 If we love our Christian brothers and sisters, it proves that we have passed from death to life. But a person who has no love is still dead. 15 Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don't have eternal life within them.
 16 We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion-how can God's love be in that person?
 18 Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.

Hmmm... seems we have a challenge here. We must get this worked out. I know, sometimes, I don't show enough love and compassion to a brother or sister. There's a lot of hurting people out there. I am going to work on this in myself. I challenge you to do so as well!

Psalm 1
1 Oh, the joys of those who do not
      follow the advice of the wicked,
      or stand around with sinners,
      or join in with mockers.
 2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
      meditating on it day and night.
 3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
      bearing fruit each season.
   Their leaves never wither,
      and they prosper in all they do.
 4 But not the wicked!
      They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind.
 5 They will be condemned at the time of judgment.
      Sinners will have no place among the godly.
 6 For the Lord watches over the path of the godly,
      but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.


This piece of scripture speaks for itself. However, one thing can be said. I want to honor and glorify God. I choose to be planted near the river and be fruitful. What about you?

Seems that God is looking more for ways to get us home than for ways to keep us out. I challenge you to find one soul who came to God seeking grace and did not find it. - Max Lucado, "When God Whispers Your Name".

Prayer: Dear Father God... I lift up those who struggle to be near You and to seek You. I pray that it would become very clear to them that You're with them and speaking to their hearts. I pray that they will seek you whole heartedly and be ready to meet You in Heaven when their time comes. But until then ready us LORD to be Your army bringing souls to You. We aren't able to save anyone let alone ourselves. I pray God that we will accept Your free gift of salvation and love each other. I pray that we stop hiding behind all these walls and let You break down the walls and make us new in You. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen!

Now, the next step is for you to seek God. Let Him work in you a good work for His glory. If you need help please seek it from your pastor or mentor. If you do not have one please message me. Leave me some way to contact you. I'll see what I can do besides just pray. God has the answers. He'll show us the way.

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly,

    Thank you for sharing THE WORD! That's the deal for me...no sugar coating it just the WORD and I love it!!! I love you and your heart. You shared many of my favorites.

    All I need to say is AMEN. I like your very transparent sharing and your heart to live for GOD in spirit and in truth! Awesome!

    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete