Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Miracle from God!




God miraculously saved our marriage in an instant.

My friend Elaine over at Peace for the Journey posted today about facing the waves in our life. Her post was God's confirmation for me to share this story today. Although brief as it is, we have so much more to put down that we're going to allow God's inspiration to lead us in writing a book for marriages. Thus, below reads the summary of recent events.

Paul was not happy in our marriage since our previous pastor's heart condition took him from the pulpit (2006) and we had to close the church we attended. Paul's faith had been shaken by it. The worst part for him is that pastor's wife refuses to allow any of the church members to see him. Paul had built a spiritual relationship with pastor. So, for pastor's wife to do this was like pulling the rug out from under Paul. He was in the midst of a faith crisis and felt that whatever was happening in me (stuck in my abuse from my past and very repressed all together in life and love) he simply couldn't stay with me.

He tells his side of it so well... it brings tears to every eye. When he finally puts pen to paper and writing his experience We'll add mine and then I'll share it. It will all fall into more sense.

But, for me; I was totally blind to everything that was happening inside Paul. However, I must interject that I could feel something wasn't right and everything felt almost dead to me. I could slowly feel him slipping away. I just couldn't assimilate everything that was happening. He was resentful and bitter toward me most of the time. That upset me because I didn't understand what he was going through. In his story he'll share about how he strayed in our marriage since he go laid off of his job at Boeing in March 2009. So, last week I could feel things were mounting up in him, but still not understanding it. He met another woman. And on Wed night late and wee hrs Thu morning God did a miracle of all miracles in our marriage. God opened my bird cage and let me free of my bonds of repression and we experienced the most passionate intimacy ever... Paul experiencing this with me caused him to see that I really "was" who God wanted him to spend eternity with. Paul's heart was so convicted that he waled out to God during our intimacy because he felt God's forgiveness and mine, as well as myself accepting God's forgiveness for my repression. It's all still pretty raw... and hard to fully put to words what all God is doing for us. There is some scripture God put into Paul's heart to share in this story.

Gen 3
14 So the LORD God said to the serpent:
“ Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life. 15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Luke 10:18-20
18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

Psalm 91
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.
6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you.
8 Just open your eyes,
and see how the wicked are punished.

9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
10 no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home.
11 For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go.
12 They will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
13 You will trample upon lions and cobras;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”

The reason these sets of scripture are so significant is because on Wed evening last week Paul wanted to take me and Misa for a walk at the dog park. (As he shares in his portion of the story; he wanted to created a most enjoyable experience for a happy ending for me. You see, he already had plans in place to leave me Fri night at our mental health therapy appt. He felt that was the best place to let me go because I would be in the hands of the therapist to help me.) While walking through the park at one point there was a garden snake crossing my path. I did not see it. But, Paul did. He was warning me about stepping on it. I did step on it not full weight as I was walking and just moved off in step. I realized after I stepped on it what Paul was saying. I stopped briefly and watched it slither off into the bush. God gave Gen scripture to Paul. That was the start of the miracle. Although we didn't understand it at the moment. God did and later would reveal it to us. HE's revealing little bits and pieces as each day passes.

This whole experience has shaken my foundation and moved me from a life of miserable existence. It might have been apparent a bit in my blog posts. I didn't fully get it until Thursday.

There's SO much more that I can't even reach it all yet. We're going to write a book inspired by God about our story for couples & marriages.

We went away for the weekend to take a break from the whole of our rat race here at home to allow God to speak more to our hearts and help us work through pieces. HE's been playing songs on the radio that touch our hearts. HE's been placing devotionals that fit perfect for our needs at the moment. It's simply the most awesome mind blowing experience I've ever experienced.

With Elaine, mentioned at the beginning, will you dig in your heels and anchor in God and face the wave directly?

8 comments:

  1. Kimberly,

    I thank GOD for the FREEDOM that you and your husband are experiencing and walking in unto the GLORY of our GOD.

    The LORD reconciles, heals and restores. He's a great GOD! I'm rejoicing for you both so stay the course and stand firm footed in Christ together.

    Praying for you both.

    Love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kimberly, for turning and facing this wave head on. Thank Paul also. Redemption and grace is a story that never grows old; rather, it is received as fresh and genuine each time it plays itself out on the pages of our lives. I'm so thankful for your pilgrimage of restoration thus far. Keep to it; it won't be an easy road, but it will be a most blessed one.

    Step by step, friend. Day by day until they collect and gather and become a lifetime walked in faith and with God's kingdom purposes in mind.

    Praying for you both this night and as the Lord brings you to mind.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly,

    God will use every moment of your pain for His divine purposes. I firmly believe He wastes no pain. I pray that your marriage story will change lives for the kingdom as you move into this calling to share with others. I'm sorry for the pain you've experienced both the present and the past. I'm thankful for the miracle you've experienced. And I believe that the Holy Spirit will give you and your husband words to write. Do not be surprised by the attacks that may come at you. Fight with the shield of faith. Put on the armor of God every morning. The enemy will not want this redeeming love story to go out. He will work hard to divert you. Press on to the prize in Jesus.

    I'm for you.
    I'm for your marriage.

    And greater still, God is for you and your marriage.

    Love and prayers,

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that you are going through this, I've been there. My husband and I know from experience that conviction/forgiveness/reconciliation can come, but it is a hard fight.
    On the other side of the mountain of pain and heartache is a special blessing, a deeper love and appreciation for each other.
    Keep your focus not on anything else but Jesus. Don't look to the right or the left, but only on Him.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly thank you for sharing this beautiful miracle...thank you for your obedience to Your Creator to live on purpose for others to see that ONLY His grace and love can truly set us free. You are a beautiful daugther of our God! Please know I will join in praying with you and Paul...God has great things for your marriage...trust Him and step towards Him in faith. Love to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a beautiful story! We serve a God capable of more than we can possibly imagine. I pray many more years of wedded bliss for the two of you. And thank you for sharing your story with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post - thank you for sharing,

    Love to you.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your story. I pray you will remain in God's love. Doylene

    ReplyDelete