Wednesday, February 03, 2010

What is Love?


Well, February has been deemed the month of love. I suppose it could have something to do with Valentine's Day in the middle of the month. I'll accept that. It's a great excuse to write about love.

I started out January's word of the month with the definition. I'll do the same for February's word of the month: "Love". Here's the dictionary's definition of love:
  • a strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "children need a lot of love"
  • have a great affection or liking for; "She loves her boss and works hard for him"
  • a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction; "she was his first love"
We've all experienced at least one of these definitions of love. The question is:
  • Have you experienced God's love?
There's been a lot said, written, sung and expressed in some manner of emotional/physical love and God's love. There's nothing new I can post. So, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel I'm going to share a link to an article one of my bloggy friends wrote:
Hop on over there and check out her method of sharing what love is. I trust and love Lynn. She's a great sister in Christ who shares some wonderful posts in cyberspace. Her post on love is an expression of her love of Christ given back to us in written form.

What is love to you?


4 comments:

  1. Oh...my...gosh! What a surprise! I am truly honored. Thank you so much, Kimberly. You are such a precious soul! Love you! May the Lord truly bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful message dear sister. I'm praying for you with great love!!

    You asked what love is to me? In a word: JESUS.

    He is truly the complete representation of LOVE in my life. I'm loved by some people especially my hubby, kids and grand kids and I love them very much BUT JESUS' love rises above all for all of us. Amen!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best love to me is agape love.. Love complete.. Love without boundaries.. love with everything I am... and ever will be...

    Love to you
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love for me is best expressed when we put "best interest" ahead of "self interest"; it's how God has loved us...

    Happy "loving" this month. Great teaching, Kimberly.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete