Saturday, April 04, 2009

Daily Offering - [4/4/2009]



Daily Christian Quote
Love more persons more--love them more impersonally, more unselfishly, without thought of return. The return, never fear, will take care of itself. ~Henry Drummond

Prayer for Those In Despair
Send your life-giving Spirit upon those who despair of living, O generous and loving God. If it is your will, let them find rest from their labors that they may have peace. If there is a call they have not heard, open their eyes and ears to know it that they may find the joy of abundant life. Grant them your blessing this day and every day. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Offered by: ~Vienna Cobb Anderson

Inspiration Quote of the Day
The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.
by: ~G.K. Chesterton

On the lighter side:
Today's joke
A Meeting With the Board
After a long, dry sermon, the minister announced that he wished to meet with the church board after the service. The first man to arrive was a stranger.

“You misunderstood my announcement. This is a meeting of the board,” said the minister.

“I know,” said the man. “If there is anyone here more bored than I am, I’d like to meet him.”


2 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed all of these. The funny at the end was cute.

    The flowers are beautiful. I wish I could reach in and take a few for my kitchen table.

    Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such inspirational words Kimberly, thank you for sharing. I will forward the prayer to a friend who is going through a very rough patch at present. I love the photo too; one of my favourite flowers. Much love, Paula

    ReplyDelete