Monday, February 02, 2009

The Race




Hebrews 12:1-2
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.


Note: You're being watched as a Christian. Are you running the race for Christ? This pretty much speaks for itself.

4 comments:

  1. HALLELUJAH TO OUR KING JESUS!!

    Keeping our eyes on Jesus that is the KEY! We can't lay aside every weight including sin without keeping our focus on Jesus, surrounding to Him, laying at His feet, hungering for MORE OF HIM, offering our hearts, heads (mind) and homes.

    Thanks for sharing this my friend. I'm glad we're running the same race together and may we do it in such a way that when we get to heaven we can lay at the feet of our King and say we did it because of YOU! I feel a wheepy cry coming on right now. Just talking about Him makes me cry. I love Him so.

    I know you do too.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Lisa. Let the flood tears pour down for our Jesus. He's the most awesome God. Tears of joy for HIM to praise HIS holy name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying...if I could just lose a little of the baggage that I carry, I'm sure I would run swifter, faster, higher, and with greater purpose.

    Have a great week!

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta' get rid of the burden - so we can run hard after him.

    ReplyDelete