Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quote of the Day [2/25/2009]


Daily Christian Quote

We have been given God in our souls and Christ in our flesh. We have the power to believe where others deny, to hope where others despair, to love where others hurt. by: Brennan Manning, “The Ragamuffin Gospel”
Isaiah 61:3
To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory.

Psalm 40:2
He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.

Prayer of the Day

God of the desert, as we follow Jesus into the unknown, may we recognize the tempter when he comes; let it be your bread we eat, your world we serve and you alone we worship.


6 comments:

  1. I love that photo!! O my!!

    Absolutely love the verses you shared and the prayer you prayed. I stand in agreement with you in Jesus Name.

    Nice new blog look. I love your Scripture for 2009 at the bottom of the page.

    Love you and keep SHARING JESUS WITH US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 of my all-time favorite verses! (Ragamuffin Gospel is a favorite book, too!)

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo of the leaf floating on the water. And what hope the verses give that you shared. I agree with your prayer Kimberly.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your comments.

    Every little words from everyone that leaves comments means a lot to me in my walk with the Lord.

    I'm glad that what God inspires me with also inspires you.

    I love you ALL, thank you for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You, my friend, are just a word of encouragement every time I turn around! Thank you for being God's light and life to me this morning. Love that scripture from Isaiah 61. Actually, love the entire chapter! So chock full of our sacred worth.

    peace to you in your week! ~elaine

    ReplyDelete