Sunday, February 22, 2009

Quote for today: [2/22/2009]

Daily Christian Quote

Jesus’ life began in a borrowed stable and ended in a borrowed tomb.
By: Alfred Plummer

Jesus' birth prophesied:
Isaiah 9:6-7
6 For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will make this happen!



Jesus birth:
Luke 2:6-7
6 And while they were there, the time came for her baby to be born. 7 She gave birth to her first child, a son. She wrapped him snugly in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no lodging available for them.

Side note: It says she wrapped in some clothes and laid him in a manger. The definition of manger is: A trough for animals to eat from.

The Burial of Jesus:
Matthew 27:57-60
57 As evening approached, Joseph, a rich man from Arimathea who had become a follower of Jesus, 58 went to Pilate and asked for Jesus’ body. And Pilate issued an order to release it to him. 59 Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a long sheet of clean linen cloth. 60 He placed it in his own new tomb, which had been carved out of the rock. Then he rolled a great stone across the entrance and left.



This is pretty profound. As the expression goes, "from rags to riches". As the quoter above states, the birth place & burial were both borrowed. I don't know about you, but this really puts me in an awe stunned mental state. He's from royalty, yet he's born in a barn and then shunned and treated with such cruelty. He did all this for you and me. He did it to cleanse us from all our wickedness. Somehow I feel so unworthy & undeserving of this gift. No matter; he still gave the gift at no cost to us personally except to accept the gift so that when our time comes that we can spend eternity with him. I'm under the impression that this eternal home is going to be of eternal peace. Something beyond our comprehension. None the less, it's a place I've been invited to spend eternity. I've accepted this gift. Won't you join me? You won't be sorry you did!



2 comments:

  1. Kimberly, the second picture is just beautiful to me - the empty tomb! Praise His Name! I'm getting excited to think about celebrating Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora,

    Yes!

    However, I celebrate Easter everyday. Christ's expression of love is so beyond my comprehension. I'm astounded at it. I can't resist exalting Him daily.

    Praise God!

    ReplyDelete