Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Be still, and know that I am God

Psalm 46:10-11

10 Be still, and know that I am God;
         I will be exalted among the nations,
         I will be exalted in the earth!
         
 11 The LORD of hosts is with us;
         The God of Jacob is our refuge.  Selah



Most of the time we're so busy hurrying and rushing around that life around us is too noisy and chaotic for us to "be still & know that HE is God". We want everything our way and we want it now. We forget that it is not from God. It is from us. I work real hard at having my quiet time with the Lord God. Sure as anything; as soon as I take my focus off God, WHAM, there's the adversary in my face temping me.

Don't forget to give God some of your time. Afterall, he gave us his all. Giving him some time in our hurried lives is the least we can do. Don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Even with a consistent quiet time, there are moments, sometimes seasons, where the enemy takes hold and shakes us for all we're worth! I've had a few days like that; still and yet, I know that I know, and I keep to the road of Jesus.

    With Him, I have the victory to live each day with peace despite the conditions going on around me.

    May his peace be your portion this day~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Kimberly. I can be still--as far as my mouth goes--but quieting my mind is another thing.

    ReplyDelete