Thursday, January 08, 2009

Understanding

Psalm 73:16-17 (New International Reader's Version)
16 I tried to understand it all.
      But it was more than I could handle.
17 It troubled me until I entered God's temple.
      Then I understood what will happen to bad people in the end.

[note: I chose this translation version because it relayed to me the best expression of this scripture for me to get it.]




I believe that when we get out of the will of God we become confused and don't understand. That leads to all sorts of sin. I've been there. Don't deny it, you've been there too. Once I get in line with God and focus on HIM again it's just like the image above. However, not everyone is going to "get it" right away. It takes time because of the different levels of spiritual maturity. The non-believer is like this image when it finally hits them that they need Jesus as their savior. Then as they grow they come to some places where they're not ready for it and don't "get it". No fear my dear disciples. Be patient in the Lord. Everything is in HIS timing; not ours.

Seek the Lord always!

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing different versions of the Word. And yes, I've been there, done life my own way too. Oh that we would stay in God's will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...His timing! I can be so impatient.

    In His Graces~Pamela

    ReplyDelete