Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I know where my Father is!

John 8:12-19

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life." Then the Pharisees said to him, "You are testifying on your own behalf; your testimony is not valid." Jesus answered, "Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid because I know where I have come from and where I am going, but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I judge no one. Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is valid; for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me. In your law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is valid. I testify on my own behalf, and the Father who sent me testifies on my behalf." Then they said to him, "Where is your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also."

This scripture is so convicting. We need to keep our hearts perks to the Holy Spirit within us and be ever mindful of God's leading us. When we follow him we are in "the" light and will never walk in darkness. I dunno about you but I'm afraid of "the dark". [Pun intended]. Can you answer the question "Where is your Father"? I pray that we can ALL know "the Father".

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly,

    I completely agree with your comments on the Scripture. John 8 is one of the passages of Scripture that I have meditated on often in my walk with the Lord and taught a message titled: "Who is your Daddy?" based on the passage of Scripture further down in John 8:

    42Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. 43Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? 47He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."


    You're right it is a very convicting and also very thought-provoking chapter.

    Bless you for sharing! I pray that God would also send people here to your blog that don't know JESUS yet to read this and may their hearts surrender to His.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim-thanks for stoping and posting on my blog. I am with you in the journey to deligently seek Him and know Him!!

    Happy New Year!!

    In His Graces~Pamela

    Sorry I had to delete my first entry due to the typos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly:
    So good to hear from you again. I love the scripture you chose from Isaiah. I also love any and every "light" passage refering to Jesus. I feel so privileged to be a keeper of his Light. May each one of us flame with his candle this year, bringing his light and life into the darkened earth.

    Get to it, friend.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete