Friday, January 03, 2014

Five Minute Friday || Fight


A new year. The first Friday. It's time to write my first 5 minute Friday post of the year.
Click image on the right to read Lisa-Jo's post and then check out other's posts.

It's a great community. We just write, unveiled and naked. Before your mind runs away with craze about writing naked... I'm not referring to your person being naked without clothing. I'm referring to writing unhindered, and open-minded. Strip off all the masks. Tear down all the walls. Be the real you. No more hiding. You'll receive lots of love in this community.

Today's prompt - Fight

GO

I don't give up without a fight. Fighting seems to come easily for me. As a child I was bullied. For whatever reason, I couldn't figure out. One day walking home from school some girls were walking behind me. They started in picking on me. I finally had enough.  I snapped. Just before we reached the corner where we separated to go our own way she hit me in the back of the head. I turned, grabbed her by the hair, and threw her to the ground and called her a choice word. I knew I was in trouble for saying it. But, I thought to myself, it was all worth it. Those girls never bothered me again. Because of my home life I was a frustrated child. Because of that frustration I turned into the bully. I started fighting other kids. The previous event gave me confidence in myself to stand up to others.

Fighting isn't always the answer. However, standing up for ourselves is a good fight. Because of my fighting I've been able to overcome the low self-esteem.

I believe those who bullied me saw how down trodden I was. It didn't that I had to wear glasses. People can be very cruel. Learning to mentally fight back helps to overcome those negative people. It took me a long time, but, I was able to overcome it.

Keep on fighting, don't give up!

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment