Tuesday, November 26, 2013

HOME SWEET HOME | BEDN

We moved across country in May this year. We did our best to pear down our belongings. The reason is because we we moved in with my father-in-law. He has lived in this same house for like 25+ years. Essentially, we would be combining two households.

We were given the 2nd story as our space. It has two bedrooms and a bathroom. The common areas we share with my father-in-law are the living room, kitchen and garage. I rarely use the living room. That's my father-in-law's space, in my opinion. Once in a great while we'll all sit together there while we watch something on the boob tube. I feel very awkward in the kitchen. He's not a fan of cleaning. When we first moved in I cleaned the cabinet fronts and the counter tops. This place is a very dry and dusty. He's lived alone for the majority of the time he's lived here. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit our stuff in places. This isn't a small house. There's 3 closets upstairs. There's huge cabinet space in the bathroom.

After my ankle heals and I am able to move freely I'm going to paint the upstairs. It'll also need a good cleaning before painting.

This will be our 1st Christmas here.

I'm thankful to God for a roof over my head.

I won't be posting pictures of our space. I'm not a materialist type. Things don't have any emotional connections for me. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I feel overwhelmed at the way things are right now. I'm more of a minimalist. I tend to just have what I need to get along. The rest... it's not necessary to me. I do like a nice, clean and colorfully decorated place. My idea of a minimalist bedroom on the left.


My idea of a minimalist dream kitchen on the right.

My idea of a minimalist dream bathroom is below.

My husband told his father that we were in it for the long haul. I think I'll just keep dreaming for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment