Friday, October 04, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Write

Five Minute Friday
Here we are; back to Friday and Five Minute Friday where we write for five minutes on a word prompt. If you'd like to join, click the image and be virtually transported to LisaJo Baker's page. She explains how to join in. Hundreds of people post a week. See what they're posting. Some very moving posts.

Today's word prompt: write!
GO

In conversations with friends and talking enjoying their company they tell me I should write a book. I come back with a statement like: "It's all been said before, why try to reinvent the wheel when there's already the same thing out there?" 

Well, the time is now... no more lame excuses. So, I've been working on my first book for about a month now. It's pretty complicated because I have to do research to get my facts straight. Nobody wants to read babble. Also, I've been writing these posts and other articles on another blog... my business blog. I don't know if you know it or not... I'm a bodyworker [massotherapist] and a Biblical Life Coach. I am weaving my story into what I am writing for relevance and relating to people. I tried different writing methods, like, just typing it out in Word or notepad, etc... I was very frustrated with that because my thoughts were all over the place. My husband mentioned mind mapping... I didn't know what that is. He explained and also shared a software I could try out. I absolutely love it. I've been able to track my thoughts and get things organized.

STOP

Now, it's your turn!

3 comments:

  1. Waht a challenge... and to find the tool to organize your thoughts is awesome... best wishes with the project... and Im sure it will be a blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from FMF! A goal and a way to accomplish it in one. Wow! so glad you found something that works. Looking forward to reading when you are done. Let us all know so we can read it!

    ReplyDelete