Friday, October 11, 2013

Five Minute Friday-Ordinary

Five Minute Friday
Here we are; back to Friday and Five Minute Friday where we write for five minutes on a word prompt. If you'd like to join, click the image and be virtually transported to LisaJo Baker's page. She explains how to join in. Hundreds of people post a week. See what they're posting. Some very profound posts.

Today's word prompt: ordinary!

GO

Mundane and boring... two words used to define ordinary. Sounds like stuck-in-a-rut lifestyle to me. Everyone falls into that category at some point in their lives, even me. I don't know about you, but, I don't like mundane and boring.

I love motorcycling. There's nothing mundane and boring about it. Especially when I had to suddenly maneuver around other travelers of the road to avoid a auto collision. However, what did occur left me with an injured knee and ankle. Have you ever watched any motorcycle stunt riding videos or seen any in person? After the fact, my imagination steered toward thoughts of me looking like a stunt rider drifting around other automobiles hearing the screeching of my rear tire as I slid across the pavement. Now, that's the opposite of ordinary. Also, as another riding friend likes to call riding: "twisting the wick."

Now, over the past 14 or so days, I've been living somewhat of an ordinary life as I heal from the injury. However... It is quite the contrary as I traverse through life with this injury trying to maneuver to keep from further injury and pain.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. Ouch - sounds like you paid the price for a more than ordinary life! But... motorcycling still sounds pretty fun to me. You paint a good picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great when an activity we love can give us a greater perspective on life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete