Friday, August 16, 2013

Five Minute Friday || Small

Join Lisa-Jo Baker and write for five minutes on the word prompt for this week OR go visit and read what other's have written. Click image to the left to magically teleport there.

So, todays word prompt: small.

GO

When she was born the nurse placed her on the gurney. There she lay. She was so small. Just under 7 pounds. She grew like any other normal baby would. She went to have her wellness check-ups just like other babies. Every single visit, the nurse always said she was too small. Worried that something was wrong or she wasn't being well cared for, her mother cried and lamented over her baby being malnourished. Until one day at one wellness check, a new nurse was afoot. The nurse took all the measurements and checked all the small things on the child, 3 years later. Her mother asked the nurse if she was within normal size parameters. The nurse reports that the child was on the small side of normal, but within normal parameters. Shew, what a relief, the child's mother expressed. At that point, the child's mother started investigating the genetics of each ancestor of the child. There were a lot of "small" people in the child's ancestry. She simply inherited the small genes. That child... is average size today... She's a grown adult. She is my daughter.

STOP

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet story about your daughter. You're a wonderful writer.

    Blessings,
    Amy Lynne
    liveabundantlynow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has always been small for her age. My husband was always a little on the short side too. Now she's 8 and learning how to stand up against people who make fun of her for being small... my doctor also tested my girl for failure to thrive... crazy stuff. :) Love this!! I see that you are a CA girl too. Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that was scary. So glad all is well with your daughter. I appreciate you stopping by Heart Choices and leaving your kind comment.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw that's so precious! My mom had the same with some of her babies :)

    I love your 'small' story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this is sweet...and I love the reminder that no matter how God creates each of us, we are important in His eyes...there's nothing small about that at all. Beautiful words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kimberly! What a story! I am a nurse, and although I never worked in pediatrics, I would hope that I could have put your mind at ease too.

    That's a long time to be worried! So happy your daughter is grown, and I'm sure a blessing to you.

    So nice to meet you. You have an active blog here. I think I'll join in! Come on over and visit me sometime!

    Happy Monday :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always worried about my oldest being small too. It's amazing how much we moms do this! just the way God made her to be. She's just the way God made her to be.

    ReplyDelete