Friday, May 10, 2013

Five Minute Friday | Comfort {20130510}

Five Minute FridayWord Theme: Comfort

Most people will give an emotional response to the meaning of comfort.

Comfort for me conjures up the idea of comfort in textile. I'm a very tactile person. I love soft squishy things... Like a soft squishy teddy bear or pillows. Also, thinking back to a cozy warm fire and cozy soft bed coverings.

Comfort in the way my clothes and shoes fit. I deal a lot with sensory perception challenges. Certain things absolutely drive me to distraction... So, everything I do is done for my comfort.

The other thing that comes to mind for me in the realm of comfort is the all treasured: comfort zone. We're told we need to step outside our comfort zone and stop letting things hold us back.

Comfort is something we all like to have. Whether it's an emotional response or a good fit with items.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kim for visiting my blog, Amanda's Books and More, and leaving a comment! The blog is based mostly on my youngest child, Amanda. So, I'm not Amanda, but I try to avoid that confusion by putting my name as the author and also explaining this on my right-hand sidebar. Have a lovely, blessed day in His arms and knowing His comfort in a tangible way.
    Tina - American mom raising 4 kids in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sweet Kimberly. :) For me, lately I've found comfort is just being comfortable being me. Comfortable in my own skin. I'm finally really grateful to be me and I like who I am.
    You're blog is a nice read, leaving me with warm feelings.
    Sash

    ReplyDelete