Saturday, August 28, 2010

What the Heck?


[Image taken by me 20100826]
"Every now and then, it is good to be in a situation where you are forced to throw your full weight of dependence back onto the only shoulders strong enough to carry you. In crying out to God, you find out in time how good, how redemptive He really is. He is there. And He cares." Dennis Rainey | FamilyLife Today

After an accident in my life I was left undone! I found myself questioning what the heck was happening. I found this scripture in God's word comforting:
Psalm 63:
1 O God, You are my God;
         Early will I seek You;
         My soul thirsts for You;
         My flesh longs for You
         In a dry and thirsty land
         Where there is no water.
 2 So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
         To see Your power and Your glory.        
 3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
         My lips shall praise You.

Psalm 116:
6 The LORD preserves the simple;
         I was brought low, and He saved me.
 7 Return to your rest, O my soul,
         For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.        
 8 For You have delivered my soul from death,
         My eyes from tears,
         And my feet from falling.
How could I question God's sovereignty? After speaking to my soul like that it all became clear to me that God uses everything in life for His purpose. My situation was no different. HE saved my life because He is using me for His purpose. To reach out to lost souls to bring them to Him.

Are you a lost soul seeking God or just seeking anything to understand and be loved? Reach for God's grace and mercy. He will not let you down. He is so mighty that nothing can get in His way. Surrender to HIM and allow Him to transform you like He has transformed me.

He loves each one no different than the next. He loves us all. Not some, but all. You won't be sorry you did. Your life will never be the same again. This isn't saying you will never hit tough times because I'm here to tell you that is not the case. God allows these tough times because He uses them to build our character and for His kingdom purpose. Even when we don't have a clue... God still uses us. It will be clear eventually. Whether in Heaven or on Earth. It's all for His glory! After all, it's not about us. It's fully about HIM. Our relationship with HIM. He wants each one of us to be His friend. We all like having friends, no? I know I do.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father God...I lift up my readers to YOU now. I pray that they will surrender their all to You and trust that You will take care of them. I pray that they will seek Your friendship and be comforted. I pray that it will become clear to them as you have shown me, what is going on in their lives. I know and trust Your love, grace and mercy Father. I pray they will too. I pray for the lost souls Father God in Jesus' name that those lost souls will seek and surrender to You. In Jesus' precious and holy name, amen.

4 comments:

  1. Amen dear sister!

    Thank you for sharing your heart, a personal testimony and a powerful prayer! I pray that every person that needs to receive this deep within their heart will find themselves right here reading this. I was very encouraged!

    Love you always and your HEART for GOD! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What power there is in the telling, and re-telling, and telling some more of the amazing Gospel. It's truly Good News, and the very mystery of God's love as revealed in His Son.

    May the soil on which your testimony lands be fertile!

    Hugs,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I pray for a heart that allows God to use my everything for his eternal purposes.

    May God sow through you and grow in you this week, Kimberly. Thanks for your prayers.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great post! It's so true that it is in those hard times that we learn to rely on God. May we remember to do do it at all times and not just when we're in trouble. Thanks for this great post today my friend! I hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete