Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday [20100311]

Thankful Thursday 
Click respective image to see original posts.
Thanks to Greg and Laurie for hosting these.
I'm grateful for all the blessings God sees fit to bestow upon me. Even though I do not deserve a single one HE still loves me and wants to have a relationship with me... and you.

This past week I've not posted. The LORD seems to be calling me into a ministry. He's working on my heart, soul and mind. I feel so honored that He would choose me.

You see... I've always enjoyed talking to people and encouraging them in some manner. I've been told by many I have the great gift of "gab". I'm surprised I've not been nicknamed gabby. I've been called a great number of other names. I won't go into detail here. Some aren't very nice. I'm thankful that I am counted and considered for this position. Me, standing in front of however many woman, young and old... young as in baby Christian or young as in birth age... no matter. There's room for many. God will use me for His purpose. The other part to this is I need help to get to a training conference for women in these ministry roles, whether speaking, writing or teaching. I brought this to my young adult group leader last night. He suggested I pray about it and talk to other leaders and get feedback. Nobody in the church I attend knows me well enough to be able to offer me advice. I know God will lead me in whatever direction I'm to go. Please pray for me in this regard.

I'm thankful for a husband who is willing to let God use him and to bless my husband.

I'm so thankful for all of my online friends who are encouraging and supportive. Yes, I'm talking about all y'all.

I'm so thankful for a God who would bother or care enough to be right by my side when I stumble and fall to help me back up. To pat me on the back to comfort me when I am hurt. You see He wants this with everyone. Not just a select few. Everyone! Seek Him today... You will find him; standing right next to you or carrying you through a difficult time.

Have a blessed Thursday and everyday. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Are you looking for a training conference for you to attend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God lead you where He wants you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So blessed by your Thankful post!

    Blessed to read about His leading into ministry opportunities! The scripture that always encourages me when praying about ministries opportunities is Isaiah 30:21
    "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye it it, when ye turn to the right hand and when ye turn to the left."
    He will lead you to the right place at the right time! Whether is mentoring, training, speaking or whatever you need to walk your journey!...He'll make a way!...He is faithful!!(Isaiah 43:19)

    Oh, I'm a "gabby" one too. As a matter of fact I mention that in my current post!!

    Sweet Blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gabby. Thank you for joining in and linking up. I too have the gift of gab and can talk to anyone. That is why I decided to take over the Thankful Thursday posts. Maybe I can do some good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it exhilarating (how d'you spell that?) and humbling when God gives us a job to do for Him? I hope the logistics fall into place for you and you find people or person to mentor you. The wonderful thing is that God gives us gifts for using, they aren't random, and once you step out in Him everything grows!

    ReplyDelete