Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Random Dozen [20100324]



This week we have "South Lakes Mom" from "I Didn't Know THAT!" hosting our Random Dozen! Click image or links in this paragraph to join in the fun.

The theme is Spring . . . and any other random questions that crept in.

1.  What is your favorite sign of Spring?
Are you kidding me? Life... everything comes alive after Winter's hibernation.


2.  Did you remember to spring forward on March 14?  If not, how did it impact your day?
Yes

3.  If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable(s) would you plant in a garden this year?
Green beans, broccoli, onions, lettuce, etc. I love veggies.

4.  If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit(s) would you plant?
Apples, strawberries and blueberries.

5.  What is your least favorite insect?
All. When I lived on the farm we had all sorts of farm yard fowl. They kept the insect population eradicated. LOL [And for the record. The cats kept down the rodent population. I love the farm life.]

6.  March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand?
Not if I can help it. I purify and filter my own water and drink from glass, not plastic or metal.

7.  Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that?
Everyday! No water, unless it's a pure spring that's not been defiled, is good. Read answer in q.# 6 above.

8.  How many glasses of water do you drink per day?
Honestly, I do not measure "by the glass". I drink water all day long. I probably drink more than a gallon a day.

9.  March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini.  Have you ever watched a professional magic show?
No

10.  Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)?
Refer to previous answer in q.# 9.

11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies?  If so, what is your favorite?
Yes! But, I prefer John Wayne and Clint Eastwood!

12. (Really random)  What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday?
Not just one state, but several states... in New England!

5 comments:

  1. When I read everyone answers, I realized just how lucky I was to have lived in New England when I was an exchange student there.
    One of the most beautiful part of the world, really.

    Happy Wednesday!

    hugs
    shakira

    Random Dozen
    Spring Giveaways
    My Grandnephew Dreams in Haiku
    Joyful Signs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good answers. We buy bottled water but I don't drink it all day long at home. Our frig has a great filter for our water. We just take them when we go to the show and I do recycle them. I drink all day too! I enjoy random dozen.
    Thanks for stopping over today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your living on the farm sounds idyllic!

    New England is beautiful -- and you can tour a LOT of it over a few days, unlike some of the big western states where you can drive 2 days and still be in Texas!

    Thanks for participating in RD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your #1. And I would love to go to New England in the fall!

    The problem with farm life is that it may cut down on the insects, but then there are the big animals to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New England made my list as well!

    And I would (I think) totally love to live on a farm!

    Great answers.
    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete