Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday [20101102]


I joining our February host,
Iris @ Grace Alone.
Please join in and link up.
I'm so very thankful how God uses me for His glory. Last night my husband and I volunteered at a local soup kitchen/rescue mission/living quarters for some homeless families. I was so blessed to see and hear the families enjoying themselves despite their situations. I was also blessed simply by the fact that for those families to stay there they have to go through training programs and work out finding a job and permanent living quarters. They weren't just derelicts of society mooching and taking advantage of the system and people's hearts. God's plan is perfect. Even though we do not understand it. One day it will all become very clear! Thank You Father God for using me in Your divine plan. In Jesus' name, amen.



5 comments:

  1. How wonderful!!! I am currently reading a book called "Same Kind of Different as Me" and it about what you are talking about. Reading your post it was like reading portions of this book. I have been thinking of doing the same thing, and so it encourages me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heart towards God and others. Continue to go where He sends you. I know you are being used to shine hope on the hopeless.

    What a gift!

    Always love a great worship song too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you for your kindness to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you stopped by today. I loved reading your post. It is clear you have a servant's heart. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool to share that with your husband!
    Those kind of opportunities to search others leaves a lasting impression. Makes you very thankful we have been so blessed!
    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete