Monday, January 25, 2010

Receiving Joy

Hello! Welcome to the blog. We've been discussing joy. Today is our last in in the series: Receiving Joy. Here's a quick review of what we've discussed:
  1. Day 1 - the definition
  2. Day 2 - Good and Upright - An understanding of joy.
  3. Day 3 - Joy: Where does it come from?
First, before I begin the last of this series. I want to thank all of you who've been following. I pray that you've been blessed by these posts. May you be filled with His joy.

Now to our discussion today.

We have heard of and read about joy. Have we received it? A great deal will say "yes". Some will say, "I'm not sure". Some will say, "no". Let's see what God's word says:

Psalm 45:7 & Hebrews 1:9 says:
You love justice and hate evil.
    Therefore God, your God, has anointed you,
    pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else.
Matthew Henry explains this scripture:
"The Spirit is called the oil of gladness, because of the delight wherewith Christ was filled, in carrying on his undertakings. The salvation of sinners is the joy of angels, much more of the Son. And in proportion as we are conformed to his holy image, we may expect the gladdening gifts influences of the Comforter."

This is pretty special. God has anointed you. Yes, you! You wonder how so. Well, here's more of what God's word says about that:

Psalm 35:9
And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD;
    It shall rejoice in His salvation.

Isaiah 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

When you receive God's salvation your soul shall be joyful. We talked about this last week as well.

Lay down all those burdens you've been carrying around. Look to God. Receive His joy of salvation. Thank Him for it. Continue to seek Him. He will fulfill your joy. Turn from your old ways, not returning to them. Remember, God loves you and wishes that you be joyful. God is a God of love, joy, peace and all the fruits of the Spirit.

Prayer: "Dear Father God, and friend, I lift my heart up to You. I thank You for the joy of Your salvation through Jesus Christ, Your Son. I pray for those who haven't received it yet and ask in Jesus' name that they seek You and receive salvation, thus joy. I praise You in Jesus' name, amen."


2 comments:

  1. This really speaks to me as I believe God's direction for my life this year unfolds from Psalm 30:11-12, and says:

    "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever."

    This year it is my heart's desire to robe myself in His gift of joy and sing at the top of my lungs!

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!!

    Thank you for sharing your heart in the LORD as you share HIS JOY with us as He is my joy indeed. What a blessed assurance and gift -- HIS JOY.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete