Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Random Dozen

I'm participating in Random Dozen this week.


Click image and teleport to
Lid's blog to participate.
1. How good are you at delaying gratification? Excellent

2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting? Tortilla Chips

3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you? 4

4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.? Yes

5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts? Who doesn't?

6. Which line is hardest to wait in? One that is outside in the elements and is cold/wet/hot tiring.

7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth? Yes

8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly? Both

9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present? Yes

10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything? Forever. I'm waiting on the LORD to return and take HIS people back to Heaven with Him.

11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other? It's not so much who has more; we both have areas of balance in patience.

12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.) See my choice in the music video provided! I shared the video with my honey. =)

A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James




4 comments:

  1. Certainly a lot of questions about waiting/patience! Could that be indicative of the one thing we most lack in our personal character? I've certainly struggled with my patience/waiting over the course of my journey.

    I like your response to #10; kind of makes the waiting doable, does it not?!

    Thanks for checking in. Have a great week.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers, short and concise.
    I think you develop patience the older you get...life experience teaches it to you. I enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too loved your answer to #10!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete