Friday, January 01, 2010

January 1, 2010

I was reading my bloggy friend Paula's post. As she talked about her goals she listed An Imperfect Perfection's post discussing a word list for 2010. I've decided to also adopt a word list. See mine below:

My word list for 2010
Using Galatians 5:22-23
"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law."
I will add honor, obey and praise to make up 12. Each month I will focus on each word as a theme for that month.

2010 Monthly Word list
January: Joy
February: Love
March: Peace
April: Longsuffering (enduring persecution)
May: Kindness
June: Goodness
July: Faithfullness
August: Gentleness
September: Self-control
October: Honor
November: Obedience
December: Praise

These lines below are from "The Gate of the Year," a poem written in 1908 by Minnie Louise Haskins:
I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year
"Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown."
And he replied, "Go into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God
That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way!"

Quote:
"God holds the future in His hands
With grace sufficient day by day;
Through good or ill He gently leads,
If we but let Him have His way." --Rohrs

My prayer is that each one of you will adopt something or create something for the coming year to grow your relationship with the LORD!

Happy New Year!


7 comments:

  1. I have Kimberly... a daily Bible reading, a daily reading from my Daily Word for Women and in general getting more involved in church.. ladies Bible study, new member classes... I need to make this the year I figure out the Lord's purpose for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly and Happy New Year! I love your post and especially the quote from "The Gate of the Year". I could tie that in with my theme for the year - vision - as although I was in the dark last year, I can now see a little more, but it has only been through taking God's hand (while in the dark!) and letting Him lead me. I hope that you gain a lot from adopting the word list. I am going to incorporate the fruits of the spirit into each of my words, as I surely do need to work on all of them! Have a wonderful 2010 and may the Lord bless you this year. :)

    PS: This is my 2nd comment as I misspelt your name! My apologies. The 'joys' of having a boss with the same name but with an extra 'e'. I'm always cautious when typing anything to you so this exact thing doesn't happen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this, but I have to be specific so I know when I've actually met the goal. It has to be tangible for me. But still a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Kimberly. I had read Paula's post too. You both are a blessing.

    I pray a wonderful year for you and your husband in the LORD. You are precious!!!


    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that we would all be more of Him; less of us.

    Blessings to you & yours, and to such a wonderful plan for 2010!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new blog look... so very peaceful. And since the word of the month is "joy", may God grant you an immeasurable amount as you seek to serve him in 2010!

    I could use a dose myself...

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I loved the Poem. I can't wait to read your posts!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete