Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Be an encourager

Ephesians 4:29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

I'm so guilty. I found myself being rebuked for my words as I sat and started to chat. I opened my mouth and out came ridicule and judgment against another who had been part of conversation earlier. My words weren't encouraging or helpful. They were condemning.

Lord, I seek to repent from this judgmental attitude. Please forgive me and deliver me from this judgmental spirit! Take it from me LORD. I rebuke it in Jesus' name. Thank You for Your grace and mercy guiding me through this. You're in control and have a purpose for all that takes place. Thank You for all the blessings that come from my daily life. I pray this for all the eyes that fall upon my blog. I pray for Your guidance to teach us to be better Jesus followers.

Colossians 2:1-3 1 I want you to know how much I have agonized for you and for the church at Laodicea, and for many other believers who have never met me personally. 2 I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself. 3 In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

We cannot be built up in Christ, or grow in him, unless we are first rooted in him, or founded upon him. Being established in the faith, we must abound therein, and improve in it more and more. Quote by Matthew Henry.

I have so much improving to do. What about you?

Prayer: Father God, please tame my tongue and any of my readers who need it as well. I pray that I will be more of an encourager and not a condemner. Thank YOU Father God for the gift of Jesus as my savior who showed me grace and mercy that is Your character. Please impress Your character upon me Father. I love You with all I am and have Father God, Lord Jesus. In Jesus' name, amen


1 comment:

  1. It's always so refreshing to know the Holy Spirit does not allow us to remain in whatever place we are in that is not pleasing to GOD. He convicts us in our sin and draws us to a place of repentance through HIS grace.

    The LORD bless you as you walk closely with HIM. Your heart for the LORD I'm sure is pleasing to HIM.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete