Thursday, July 16, 2009

Troubling God

"Some people think God does not like to be troubled with our constant coming and asking. The way to trouble God is not to come at all." ~D.L. Moody

Psalm 53:2 - God looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.
Matthew 11:28-29 - Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
James 1:4-6 - But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
Hebrews 11:5-6 - By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, "and was not found, because God had taken him"; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Don't be fooled by the adversary into thinking that God doesn't want you to come to Him. It's clear in HIS word that HE "does" want us to come to Him. He wants to commune with you and me. Find comfort in the Father God. HE will reward you as His word says. Be faithful and seek God.

Soak in God's presence and listen to the words of the song in the video below. Worship with me!


3 comments:

  1. Your words, "Don't be fooled by the adversary into thinking that God doesn't want you to come to Him. It's clear in HIS word that HE "does" want us to come to Him. He wants to commune with you and me. Find comfort in the Father God. HE will reward you as His word says. Be faithful and seek God."


    Well said and so true dear sister.

    All praise unto our GOD for His unconditional love toward us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so honored by our "coming." I pray to be a woman crawling on my knees and in my heart everyday!

    peace to you in your weekend~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I love this song that you have shared with us here,,but I too have it on my playlist at my blog..I can't count the times I stop whatever I am doing and just allow those words to be my hearts cry,,praising God and worshiping Him...

    by the way,,I'm a wanna be biker chick,,LOL. My profile pic just a few weeks ago had hubby and I on our wedding day, with me sitting on a harley with my wedding dress!!

    ReplyDelete