Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not so funny joke!


Authorized Personnel Only

A homeless man, down on his luck, went into a church that was known for its rather “uppity” social reputation. Spotting the man’s dirty clothes, the ushers stopped him outside the church door and asked if he needed help. The man told them, “I was praying and the Lord told me to come to this church.”

The ushers suggested that the man go away and pray some more and me might get a different answer.

The following Sunday the man returned and the ushers again stopped him at the door. “Well, did you get a different answer?” they asked him.

“Yes, I did,” said the man. “I told the Lord that you don’t want me here, but the Lord said, ‘Keep trying, son. I’ve been trying to get into that church for years and I haven’t made it yet either.”

Psalm 46:9-11
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
      He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
      He burns the chariot in the fire.
Be still, and know that I am God;
      I will be exalted among the nations,
      I will be exalted in the earth!
The LORD of hosts is with us;
      The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

I pray that we are not like the men in the above "joke" who hinder God. It's a shame! God will be honored one way or another. HE "is" under control. Listen to the words of this video. Are you allowing HIM to make a change in you?



 

4 comments:

  1. "I pray that we are not like the men in the above "joke" who hinder God. It's a shame! God will be honored one way or another."


    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great video.....and great joke with a powerful message. I often pray about this when we have people from group homes and rehab centers that get bussed to our church. I always try to go over and say hello, ask their name and let them know that I am so happy they are joining in the worship.

    great post!
    *~Michelle~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I pray that my church, along with my heart, always be willing to receive the "least of these." Indeed, it's a title I've worn most of my life!

    A beautiful reminder, Kimberly, and on the heels of my yesterday, a perfect fit with my heart.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where I found myself yesterday...in a not so good part of our town and seeing the poverty and hurting lives...this makes me realize how much the doors of our church need to be wider...and so does my heart...may I bring Jesus with me everywhere I go today, tomorrow and so on!

    ReplyDelete