Wednesday, July 08, 2009

I surrrender!

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    Try me, and know my anxieties.
Psalm 139:23

There was a Campus Crusade for Christ staff conference held in Ft Collins, CO in July 1995. There was over 3,000 in attendance that day. They got way more than they expected that day.

A few days into the conference one speaker got up and spoke a message that lit flames.

She spoke of our desperate need to turn from pride to humility in true spiritual brokenness. Following her address, God orchestrated what became three days of holy introspection, confession and cleansing. Stead of the schedule of events to take place, streams of men & women poured to the stage pouring their hearts of confession, repentance and reconciliation. There were prayers, phone calls of forgiveness & all sorts of cleansing that day. Nobody had any inclination to judge each other. They knew they were all sinners.

Here's a very personal question: Do you have anything in your life, your marriage or your family that needs to be confessed to God and perhaps to one another? This could be one of the most important questions you answer in your spiritual life.

Prayer: Dear Father God please show me and the readers what needs to be confessed and cleansed in their life in their relationships, with people in their lives and most importantly, with You. Thank You Father God, in Jesus' name, amen.




1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen Kimberly. I stand with the prayer you prayed.

    I grew up on I surrender all and continue to sink it with all of my heart unto the LORD as I lay everything down...

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete