Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jesus Prays for All Believers



John 17:20-26
20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. 24 “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

I'm humbled at the thought of our Lord Jesus praying for me. I ask that you read & reread His word. Take your time in reading it. You will feel HIM in it and in you. HE loves each and every being and doesn't wish that any perish. He wants to commune with each and everyone of us. Praise to HIM who is on high!

I love You Father God, Lord Jesus! Thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to dwell within me. To guide me, to show me when I'm going astray and bringing me back to You, the Almighty Shepherd. I pray that those reading this post will allow You to speak to their hearts and soften any that are hardened. Allowing You to comfort them and guide them. I know Father God You never promised us life would be a bed of roses. I pray that whatever needs to be done that You will give us the task and put us to work in Your name and for Your glory. In Jesus' name, amen.




2 comments:

  1. His Word tells us that Jesus Christ lives to intercede for us! Isn't that amazing?! While we know it to be true in our "heads", it's sometimes hard to comprehend in our hearts.

    Our Jesus prays for us in perfect accordance with the Father's will. Who doesn't want that?!

    peace to you this week~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord Kimberly!

    You listed here one of my favorite books and chapters in the Word: John 17.

    When I think that the LORD was interceding for me even before I got here and He is still interceding for me; it lifts my soul with great praise and appreciation.

    I leave you with a Scripture to encourage you as you have encouraged me: Acts 22:14.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete