Monday, April 13, 2009

Father to the fatherless


Caring for orphans in the same way God cares for us is a privilege; it is an invitation to join God right at the center of His heart as the Father to the fatherless. ~Steven Curtis Chapman

What God's word says:
Psalm 68:4-6a
4 Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
Extol Him who rides on the clouds,
By His name YAH,
And rejoice before Him.
5 A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.
6 God sets the solitary in families;

Do you feel orphaned, alienated, abandoned? Come to the Father and HE will take you in and make you part of His family. There are no orphans with God. All can come and be a part of God's divine family who come to Him. Will you come? Come and be a part of HIS Family. Let him comfort your heart and soul today. You will not be sorry you did.


The first video is a song made by Steven Curtis Chapman to his adopted children.


The real title should say: "There are no orphans of God". That's what the words of the song say. The title has just been cut to say Orphans of God.


3 comments:

  1. Dear Kimberly,

    This is so true! God is truly the father to the fatherless. I've found this to be true after my own father died. But it carries even more weight to those who have never known their parents--those orphaned. I talk about this in my new book, Walking through the Valley of the Shadow of Death.

    Thank you for sharing all of this! From one Kimberly to another :)

    Sincerely,

    Kimberly Carolan
    http://www.strategicbookpublishing.com/WalkingThroughTheValleyOfTheShadowOfDeath.html
    Blog: http://walkingthroughthevalleyoftheshadow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved both of these videos. My heart is always broken for the forgotten, orphaned. I'm always praying for God to make the road clear because I want to do all that He has for me as I hurt for them. Sponsoring a child doesn't seem like enough. But need my husband to be on the same page if we step into adoption.

    So glad there are no orphans of God!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Love,

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was familiar with the first video but not the second. There are SO many who are hurting -- homeless-abandoned-orphaned-rejected-betrayed-alone and lonely...but GOD IS A FATHER TO THEM ALL. May each one know that He is their Abba God.

    ReplyDelete