Friday, March 13, 2009

And there was light!

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
--C.S. Lewis

Genesis 1:2-4
2 The earth was empty and had no form. Darkness covered the ocean, and God's Spirit was moving over the water. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, so he divided the light from the darkness.

Romans 13:11-13
11 Do this because we live in an important time. It is now time for you to wake up from your sleep, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.12 The "night" is almost finished, and the "day" is almost here. So we should stop doing things that belong to darkness and take up the weapons used for fighting in the light.13a Let us live in a right way, like people who belong to the day.

The video below really spoke to my heart today. When I came across C.S. Lewis' quote I felt the Holy Spirit compel me to post this today. When God created light he knew Jesus would become the living light and the video tells a story of Jesus becoming THE LIGHT of the World. Good shines its light while darkness hides. Will you shine your light for Jesus or continue to sleep and live in the dark? God's word tells us when Jesus was on the cross He uttered these words [John 19:30b]"It is finished." Then he bowed his head and died. Satan has no power. It is we who hand it to him. It is we who give him permission to do the evil in the dark! It's time to take back what belongs to God. Shine your lights bright & high!




3 comments:

  1. I love the quote by C.S. Lewis and what a video. I enjoyed that song and you know I LOVE THE WORD!

    I can always be FED at your blog. Bless you dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I've blessed but one in my day I've reached my purpose for that day through the word of God; The True Living Word, Jesus.

    Amen & praise be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed...by the Son we see it all...life as it was truly meant to be seen.

    Powerful quote and video. Like the new look of the blog!

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete