Saturday, February 14, 2009

Quote for the day [2/14/2009]





There is no work better than to please God; to pour water, to wash dishes, to be a cobbler, or an apostle, all is one, to wash dishes and to preach is all one, as touching the deed, to please God.
by William Tyndale


Matthew 25:21
21 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things... Enter into the joy of your lord.’

1 John 3:21-22
21 Dear friends, if we don’t feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence. 22 And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him.

Folks, we need to get out of our comfort zones and be more pleasing to the Lord. We need to stop the bitterness and be more pleasing and joyful to the Lord. Me included. Dear Father... I pray for those reading this and for those who don't read it that You would soften their hearts so that they would be more pleasing to you. Father, I give myself to YOU as YOUR servant and I will be joyful and pleasing about it. I pray that each person would be overcome with joy & be pleasing to YOU. I pray all this in Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever our hands find to do...do it as unto the Lord. Big or small, difficult or easy...all for the King.

    Trying to live by this simple, yet profound truth everyday of my life.

    Have a great week, friend.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Elaine fully.

    Also, as I read the Scriptures and your prayer the word I heard is SERVANT.

    Our lives are to be USED by GOD as we are His servants. Therefore, may our hearts be ONE with His and may we serve HIM, one another and others with our whole hearts. Amen!

    ReplyDelete