Monday, December 15, 2008

Mercy

Psalm 41:4

 4 “O Lord,” I prayed, “have mercy on me.
      Heal me, for I have sinned against you.”

Nothing is so distressing to the contrite believer, as a fear or sense of the Divine displeasure, or of sin in his heart. Sin is the sickness of the soul; pardoning mercy heals it, renewing grace heals it, and for this spiritual healing we should be more earnest than for bodily health.
[comments found in Matthew Henry's concise Commentary]

I feel this way often. And as the commentary says I need to be more earnest than bodily healing. I need spiritual healing. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. This is a good post Kimberly!

    Spiritual healing, I found in my own life, HAD to happen in order for healing in other places to take place.

    The LORD provides not only healing but WHOLENESS which is the real completion. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart health. Indeed, more important than physical. How I pray for the constant and complete healing of all my many issues. God's is an accomplishing work; a process of intention that often leaves us feeling a bit worn and blistered at times. However, in the end, his healing is pure of heart and full of promise. I've tasted it in portion; I'm moving onto my "full."

    Thanks for stopping by again! I love seeing the picture of that motorcycle on my blog!

    peace to you in your Christmas season~elaine

    ReplyDelete