Saturday, November 01, 2008

Our longing

2 Corinthians 4:15
15 For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God.

Hebrews 11:15-16
15 And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

We must give diligence to make our future happiness sure. What are you doing to ensure a future of happiness? A happiness that abounds to the glory of God.

We get distracted with the worldly things. When we do this it takes away from the glory of God. Do you desire for a heavenly country, God's home for us? God is not ashamed. Are you?

I strive to be more Godly in my living. I strive to have a closer walk with HIM. I may fall short but I go back to HIM. I long for the day that I meet God in the heavenly country. Will you join me?



Who Am I -- Casting Crowns

4 comments:

  1. Aren't you thankful He accepts us with all of our shortcomings! Thank God for a loving god. Unconditional love! I'll join ya! I love this song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your comments over at my blog. I cried. Thank you so much. I enjoyed reading your take on those verses. The more mature I become (age-wise and spiritually), the more I long for Home. I will definitely be there in Heaven with you. I wouldn't miss it for the world (pun definitely intended)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you doing to ensure a future of happiness?

    Living in a grace filled loving relationship with an Amazing God!

    Bless you today...and run straight to His heart you won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly, thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed reading yours and several others you follow. Great to meet another "sister."

    ReplyDelete