Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shipwrecked

Acts 27: 21But after long abstinence from food, then Paul stood in the midst of them and said, “Men, you should have listened to me, and not have sailed from Crete and incurred this disaster and loss. 22 And now I urge you to take heart, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship. 23 For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve, 24 saying, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul; you must be brought before Caesar; and indeed God has granted you all those who sail with you.’ 25 Therefore take heart, men, for I believe God that it will be just as it was told me. 26 However, we must run aground on a certain island.”

blog it

How often has it been that you've been told you should've listened? I can remember as a child when my parents reminded me I should've listened. It's in our human nature to be rebellious and do things our way.

Will you stop and listen to the Holy Spirit to guide you? It's a difficult task. However, I'm going to give it my best shot. Though I'm not perfect and will falter. The Lord knows our hearts intent.



No comments:

Post a Comment