Friday, October 17, 2008

Foul Play

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise. --Ephesians 5:15
A fairly unworthy slight or accusation--especially when it's allowed to rot within and build-up from the last one--can bruise your relationships. That's why you must pay attention to minor, inconsiderate offenses. Stop now & then and go see if your words are hurting anyone--your spouse, a child or a friend. Careless words. An oversight in judgment. Foul words. But whether meant or not, they can still ricochet: with enough force to hurt and injure the ones you love the most.

I remember one time we were eating lunch with a couple from church. Later my husband told me that my words were inappropriate and the other gal sitting with us mistook my words and also used a back-handed compliment that went right past me. Because I didn't intend for my words to come out like that. Since then I'm very careful about my words. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm not sure if you received my response on your inquiry about the cover. Feel free to email me directly at jammon3 at hotmail dot com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good word. I usually check myself AFTER I've said something awful instead of before, but I'm working on that.

    ReplyDelete