Sunday, October 12, 2008

Serve One Master

I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

There can be only one Lord in this relationship, or it will not work. Any other combinations results in confusion, distraction and disobedience.

I think of the men in the Bible who gave up everything, dropped their lives, and followed Jesus. With God's word today to guide us we have no doubts about following Jesus today. Or do we?

The Bible urgently advises us to become "slaves" or "bond-servants" of Jesus Christ (see Ephesians 6:6; Acts 16:17; 2 Corinthians 4:5). We are all slaves of some master. If that master is sin, we will be enslaved to evil. If that master is self, we will be in bondage to our pride. It is Jesus Christ who gives us the power to break free from these masters and find life in Him as our true Master.

Serve God, not self. When He is Lord, you have the best Master in the World.

Pray that God will make you willing to be His bond-slaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment