Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Psalm 120

My struggle with the human race. I call out the ANONAI, He hears me. I struggle with myself still. Am I true or false? My words can be firey darts. Oh, my affliction, that I live among these peoples. My spirit has existed with one who has an aversion for peace. I speak peace, they speak war. I am for peace!

Psalm 120 (New King James Version)
1 A Song of Ascents. In my distress I cried to the Lord, And He heard me.
2 Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips And from a deceitful tongue.
3 What shall be given to you, Or what shall be done to you, You false tongue?
4 Sharp arrows of the warrior, With coals of the broom tree!
5 Woe is me, that I dwell in Meshech, That I dwell among the tents of Kedar!
6 My soul has dwelt too long With one who hates peace.
7 I am for peace; But when I speak, they are for war..

Where does your peace come from? Not self. Not someone else.

Only God gives peace!

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Kimberly! We can only walk in peace by walking hand-in-hand with the Prince of Peace.

    Blessings to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus, God's Peace to all of us! Rest in Him tonight.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete