Wednesday, January 05, 2011

My Life Scripture for 2011

Colossians 3:1 So if you were raised along with the Messiah, then seek the things above, where the Messiah is sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Focus your minds on the things above, not on things here on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with the Messiah in God.

As I spent my quiet time with Yahweh this morning I read this and that to get my focus.

I came across a website called "My One Word".

Each year a great deal of us followers of "The Messiah, Yeshua", post our Life Verse(s)/Scripture for the year and focus on it for inspiration.

This year I'm going to use the My One Word plan. My life scripture is from My One Word for this year, focus.

I tend to lose sight of the things of Yahweh and need to be reminded. I don't know about you, but, I need a nudge now and again to remind me to focus. I get distracted by all the Worldly goings on. That's how the adversary would like it. When we stay focused and stay in The Word it's harder for the adversary to divert our attentions away.

I'm so thankful for such a loving, caring, compassionate, all consuming Father who seeks me. In seeking me, I shall make myself to be found by HIM so that I might delight in HIM and worship HIM.

What about you? Will you choose a life verse(s)/scripture to help you this year? Check out the link I provided to My One Word.

3 comments:

  1. Love that verse and am aspiring with you to seek things that are above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verse and word for the year. I think mine is to praise God at all times. Then I won't have time to grumble, moan or doubt.

    Blessings to you in 2011 my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the one word resolutions. I'm working on it. I've seen these verses several places today. God must be talking to me =)

    Blessings,
    lisa

    ReplyDelete