Thursday, July 08, 2010

Are you good?

Well now, it's time to get back on track with the word list for the year using the fruit of the spirit. I missed all of the month of June. I will do my very best to catch us up to speed. You can find all the other posts in the word list tags, <--- just click.

The next word on the list is: 'goodness'. Let's take a look at the definition of goodness:
1. the state or quality of being good.
2. moral excellence; virtue.
3. kindly feeling; kindness; generosity.
4. excellence of quality: goodness of workmanship.
5. the best part of anything; essence; strength.
6. a euphemism for god: Thank goodness!
Everyone will say they have a measure of goodness in them. Even I did at some point. The problem with this train of thought is, being good will not get you into Heaven. God's words tells us in Romans 3:10-12:
10 As it is written:
      “There is none righteous, no, not one;
       11 There is none who understands;
      There is none who seeks after God.
       12 They have all turned aside;
      They have together become unprofitable;
      There is none who does good, no, not one.”
Here's a a video for "The Good Test". See if you pass.



Without Jesus you will not get to Heaven. He is our salvation; our savior. Again, I ask the question, are you good enough? Have you repented of your sins and accepted Jesus as your Savior? If not, and you would like to, click here, and follow God's Simple Plan of Salvation. He wishes for none to perish! Without God, we will perish and be in hell for eternity. It's not a fun place. It would be a life of torment. I don't know about you, but, I would prefer not to be tormented. I was tormented here on Earth by the adversary for some time. I still struggle with it. However, because I have the Holy Spirit, the adversary has already lost the battle. Send him on his way and let God work in your life and know that you will be in Heaven with Him some day.

Let's pray: Dear Father God, thank You for Your message and for sending Jesus to be our Savior so that we can meet You in Heaven some day. I pray that the person reading this post and seeking Your salvation gift will surrender their all to You Father. I thank You for allowing me to post and share here. In Jesus' name, amen.


1 comment:

  1. Amen my friend!

    None of us is GOOD ENOUGH to get to glory! We are all in need of JESUS.

    Powerful message! I pray GOD would send people here that need to read/see this truth and grab hold of the LORD!!!

    I love your heart. I'm praying for you. I don't get to visit often as I used to but you know I love you and am praying for you!! Keep pressing forward giving GOD the glory!!

    ReplyDelete