Monday, April 19, 2010

You ain't seen nothin' yet!


Hello and welcome to the blog today. We're on week 3 of our lessons for longsuffering. See the previous posts here if you need to get up to speed. Last week we discussed persecution. This week, we'll discuss more about persecution.

Here's what God's word says:
Matthew 10:16-23
16 “Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves. 17 But beware! For you will be handed over to the courts and will be flogged with whips in the synagogues. 18 You will stand trial before governors and kings because you are my followers. But this will be your opportunity to tell the rulers and other unbelievers about me. 19 When you are arrested, don’t worry about how to respond or what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time. 20 For it is not you who will be speaking—it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. 21 “A brother will betray his brother to death, a father will betray his own child, and children will rebel against their parents and cause them to be killed. 22 And all nations will hate you because you are my followers. But everyone who endures to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one town, flee to the next. I tell you the truth, the Son of Man will return before you have reached all the towns of Israel. [Emphasis mine]
This scripture puts the scripture of dressing in the full armor of God into better perspective. I dunno bout you... but... I don't want to be fighting in my skivvies (underwear). Or another expression; "I don't want to be caught with my pants down". All jokes aside!

Verses 21-22 sounds pretty scary. Everyone will be betraying each other. All nations will hate you! And just because we are followers of Jesus! I love this next part: But everyone who endures to the end will be saved. Backing up to verse 16... we're told to be shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves. Eghh Uhhmmm [clearing my throat]. We better wise up, don't you think?

When you are put up on trial before the courts will you cower and deny Jesus? Or will you stand firm in your faith and take the opportunity to share Jesus? Because it says right in His word that it won't be you speaking, but the Holy Spirit. We're but vessels for God's will. Are you ready, willing and able to be God's vessel to spread the Gospel no matter the cost as long as it's for the furtherance of The Kingdom? I am... I say "bring it on"! Won't you join me on this journey?

Prayer: Dear Father God, I pray that we Jesus followers would step up and be used of You in this battle to share You with the world. Thank You Father God for using me to share You to those who pass by my way. I pray that I am suited up and ready for this battle. Thank You for Your salvation and a home in glory. In Jesus' name, amen.

3 comments:

  1. We've had to say as much over the past week, and on the front end there was some fear, but overriding our fear shined our faith.

    Now we're armored up and ready to move on with God!

    Love the pic...

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jesus I thank you and praise Your mighty name for Kimberly...and her boldness and brave heart...which is You living in her...she is a 'fighter' on purpose for You Lord Jesus! Thank You Lord for the motivation that can be found here today! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kimberly. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. Yes, you would love Charlie. I think everybody does. I'm going to tell him he has a new fan. In fact, I'm going to see him in about one hour. We're scheduled to ride over to a city 2.5 hours from here. It's a great drive, along a river up and twisting, rocky canyon. Jealous? You look like you have a nice V-Rod. That's a powerful bike! Keep the rubber side down, and stay "tooned."

    ReplyDelete