Monday, February 08, 2010

Godly Love

This week we will all be excited to romance our lovers with gifts of chocolates, roses, jewels, etc. We'll see red and pink hearts all over everything from clothes to food. I, too, will participate in Valentine's Day fun. We'll be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary Saturday, February 13th. On Sunday, February 14th, Valentine's Evening, we'll attend a Valentine's Jazz/Swing Dance & dinner. We're getting all decked out in the finest dress/suit. Each of you will celebrate Valentine's in your own way. However that might be let's not forget to also include God in our love festivities. Here's my contribution for my love to God as well as His love to all of us.

God's word says:
John 15:9-17
9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.
This scripture ties in with last month's word, joy. Everything about the Fruits of the Spirit fit together like a puzzle.

Colossians 3:12-15
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
This scripture also ties in with a future words of the months.
Now, here's some video that I'd like to share with you. I'm setting them up in progression. Please take a little time [about 15 minutes] and listen to each. It's part of this week's message.





Happy Valentine's Week!


2 comments:

  1. A swing dance? How fun is that!

    Blessings for a love-filled Valentine's event.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. He loves us so MUCH!!
    Ps. 30:11-12 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever!!
    Those were wonderful video's.
    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete