Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trouble Brewing


This is the title Dennis Rainey used for today's devotion from his book: Moments with You. For the past few months I've been festering some anger and mistrust. Well, as the title denotes: trouble has been brewing. Through various devotions & scripture I have been reading, God has slowly been chastising me and revealing His truths to me about my brooding [pensiveness: persistent meditation on a problem].

This week via a dream, chats and devotions/blogs God has shown me the error of my brooding.

You see; He simply wants me to fully surrender to Him giving Him control over me. Each of us has this drive in us, human nature, to be "in control". Well, I was really trying hard to "be in control" without Him, but fooling myself that I had given Him control.

Via the dream, chats & devotions/blogs God has revealed this to me:

Philippians 2

3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

We need each other. We need to uphold each other. We need to come along side each other. God uses each of us in some manner to help the other. I found that with my peers this past week. I thank God for each one of you. I thank God for my husband. I thank God for all my Christian sisters & brothers who have allowed God to use them in some way to get His message through to me.

Will you surrender with me? Let go and let God. He knows what He's doing. I found this out this week. It's ok to let God deal with our "stuff" as my bloggy friend Elaine over at Peace for the Journey posted in her blog today. Stop by her blog and see how God is using her. Powerful stuff over there. Thank You Lord.
Dear Father God, I lift my heart & soul totally up to YOU. You are AWESOME Father God. There's no other way I can express it. I thank You Father God for spending so much time with me and not letting me go. Thank You for Your love for me. I love You with every breath I take. You're my ALL Father God. It is a privilege to call you "Father". I count it ALL joy! In Jesus' name, amen.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Kimberly. These words got me - "He knows what He's doing." Time to let go here also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is more than able and willing to handle our "stuff." I pray you find renewed peace with Jesus this week; pure and simple worship found at his feet and in the glow of his countenance. You are well-loved friend. I remember you today in my prayers.

    Keep to the road, sister pilgrim!

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete