Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful list -- November 27, 2008

Today I read this is reverb's blog. I find it totally amazing that the things he listed fit what my list had on it. Except he mentioned his family and church. I'll mention mine instead of his. Just for clarity's sake... haha. I commented on his post. I'll copy my list here.

Psalm 26:6-8
6 I will wash my hands in innocence;
So I will go about Your altar, O LORD,
7 That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving,
And tell of all Your wondrous works.
8 LORD, I have loved the habitation of Your house,
And the place where Your glory dwells.
  1. Who God is for me -- [I'm borrowing how Ryan stated it, I love it.] I’m thankful that God is not a fad. He reinstates His love for me daily and reminds me that there is more out there. I’m grateful that He’s using me as an instrument of faith, hope, and love in my family…my city…and beyond. I am thankful that He is jealous for me and that His
    jealously demands my affection. I’m thankful that I’ve discovered that I would rather be a fool for Christ than straight-laced for the crowd.
  2. That I have a best friend in my husband, & yes I think he’s smokin hot.
  3. My family as it is, my four legged girl, Misa, my extended family living far away, as well as my in-laws.
  4. The awesome Temple Baptist Church that I attend that has adult small group study that I attend.
  5. [Again I'm borrowing this part from Ryan because I love how he states it.] I’m thankful for the conviction of God’s beautiful Holy Spirit who gently restores me and points me towards a better way. I’m grateful that this Spirit doesn’t kick me when I’m down, but rather picks me up and dusts me off showing me a new option. I love that God’s tone of voice is one of gentleness and patience and love. (my line --->) God is a smokin hot, awesome & rawkin God.
What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment