Monday, October 02, 2006

Attitude

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances. -- Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)



Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.


Matthew 5:11-12
“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.



I like Martha Washington! She has some great words of wisdom to share.

She has a great point about our attitude. I say we need to be pro-active and choose good over bad attitudes.

For it's how we choose to act; reactive or pro-active.

God's word tells us to rejoice and be glad anyway no matter the circumstance. God will take care of the rest. HE has a great reward for us and it's up to us to choose if we want the reward or not.

As for me and my house, we serve the Lord! I choose this day to rejoice and be glad in it!



Prayer: Dear Father God, Lord Jesus, I pray in thanks for showing me joy and how to share it with others around me. I pray that others will also be able to experience Your joy. I pray that we choose to rejoice and be exceeding glad. I pray; gratefully in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment