Monday, July 24, 2006

Put on Christ

Temptation rarely comes in working hours. It is in their leisure time that men are made or marred.
-W. N. Taylor




Romans 13:11-14

And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.



When we think of leisure many people think of nighttime activities. Nighttime activities are associated with the darkness of evil.

From my observance I agree that evil is of the darkness.

As the quote states we can be made or marred. Put on the armor (light) of Christ. Stand fast and be ready and waiting.

Will you be made or marred? What will you do with Christ?



Prayer: Dear Lord Christ, Father God, Jesus, I pray that I will be made in the light and put on my armor and be ready. I pray for those around me to be ready and put on your light. I pray we flee the darkness. I pray gratefully in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment